05 September 2009

The Loss of the HI AMY! Sign

We had tickets to tonight's game - I think this may have been our only Saturday game! It was fairly full but the fans seemed more into playing with damn beachballs than watching the game. Anyway....Dodgers won!!

As usual we parked in the free street parking (they charge $15 for parking! That's more than our seats!) It just means we have a little walk to get to the game and back...but it's not like the 15 min walk is doing me any harm.

We were there a few minutes early so we went to poke around the TeamStore. The backside of the store lead directly out into the stands and this view...
Doug and I were really confused - if you can get in by walking through the giftshop then why get tickets!? However, a security guard asked us for our tickets, we explained we had tickets for the opposite side of the field and just wanted some pictures. The guard was super nice.....unlike the lady who checked my bag when we were going into the stadium (in the correct gate). She told me I had to throw away the HI AMY! sign even though it had 'another name on it'. I don't know what name it was supposed to have on it. Mind you another guard just saw us take pictures with it, we've brought it to every game since June. I was LIVID. (weird for me to get worked up, I know). However, the game started soon and NO MANNY. That healed all wounds.
And obviously I can make another sign in 5 minutes. It was just the principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment