30 December 2009

Schulz Museum

After a lovely late Christmas with Doug's family we spent the night at Kevin's. We then had the entire next day to do as we please - I didn't have to work until 9am the next morning. So, being in Santa Rosa, we went to the Schultz Museum!!!
I was thrilled to death - it was awesome! They have a ton of original strips on display. Woodstock wanted to say HI and Snoopy offered a cookie.

As Doug noted, this ended up being a very Peanuts Christmas - our tree, the tv special I played over and over, the music, Knott's and, of course, the Museum. This display was right after you walked in the museum. I was too excited on the way in and missed it - I about screamed when I saw it on the way out.

Next door to the museum is the Redwood Empire Ice Arena, or Snoopy's Home Ice. We didn't skate - it was packed. This was really neat for me to see - I read all about the construction in the bio Schultz and Peanuts by David Michaelis. (The rink is empty because they were about to resurface it).


Next door at Snoopy's Gallery and Giftshop I did some shopping (suprise). This is cool, the barber pole behind me is the same barber pole that used to hang infront of Schultz's father's shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment